FPA CT-Fairfield County Chapter
Annual Meeting / Food Drive / Wine Raffle
CFP Board Code of Ethics Course
Whitney M. Cook, CFP®
(program offers 2 Ethics CFP® CEUs required every two years for CFP® Certificants)
Whitney M. Cook, CFP®, enjoyed a 40-career with Ameriprise Financial Services, most recently as a Private Wealth Advisor, and served on the firm's Chairman's Advisory Council and President's Advisory Council multiple times. Additionally, he has been a consultant who assisted individuals and teams develop skills and attitude to successfully embrace and navigate changing environments and growth. Whitney's credentials include FINRA Series 1, 6, 7, 22, 23, 25, 63, and 65, as well as Florida Insurance and Variable Annuity Licenses.
This Ethics course will focus on CFP Board's Standards of Professional Conduct, covering six learning objectives, as follows:
1. Define and discuss a financial planning engagement, material elements of financial planning, and the financial planning process.
2. Analyze specific fact patterns to determine if a financial planning relationship exists.
3. Differentiate between the standards of care set forth in Rules 1.4 and 4.5 of the Rules of Conduct, and apply each standard of care to specific factual situations.
4. Apply each Practice Standard set forth in the Financial Planning Practice Standards to a hypothetical financial planning engagement.
5. Identify the information that must be disclosed to the client in writing by a CFP® professional who is engaged in a financial planning relationship or providing material elements of financial planning.
6. Define the required information that must be disclosed to clients and prospective clients, when that information must be disclosed, and apply each disclosure requirement to specific factual situations. (This includes but is not limited to the compensation and conflict-of-interest disclosure requirements set forth in Rule 2.2 of the Rules of Conduct and Practice Standards 100-1, 400-3, and 500-1.)
Level of Complexity: Intermediate
The FPA CT-Fairfield County Chapter Board invites our local chapter members to participate in the election and installation of the 2018 Slate of Officers and Directors.
Please click on more event details below for registration details.