Jan 18 2019 9:00AM
Tax Hangover 2018
The time for theory and pontification is over. This is implementation. The session will focus on individual tax changes most likely to be of interest to individuals. We’ll be looking at draft versions of the “new” Form 1040 with equal parts anguish and amusement. Participants will come away with a clearer understanding of whether they will be paying more in April.
Jan 18 2019 10:00AM
The Global Landscape
Quincy Krosby, Prudential Financial’s Chief Market Strategist, will examine the global economic, financial, and geopolitical landscape in order to identify investment opportunities.
• What is the role of global central bank easing and tightening in the investment outlook. In particular, we will focus on the Federal Reserve, the European Central Bank and the People’s Bank of China
• Where do currencies fit in when the US dollar is strong versus other currencies, and when the US dollar is weaker against other currencies. Why and how does the dollar affect investment choices, particularly with regard to emerging markets, US small and mid-cap stocks and US multi nationals.
• What is the economic effect of the tariff issue with China? How does it affect market allocations?
• Can fiscal stimulus help global markets? Where are we seeing fiscal stimulus being applied?
• Where are the market opportunities and what are the best ways to protect portfolios in a more volatile environment?