We are pleased to announce that the FPA CT-Fairfield County and Greater New Haven Chapters will be co-hosting an educational program on 2019 Tax Strategies for the Insurance and Financial Professional, presented by Thomas Rich, a Tax Strategies Live Instructor for Bradford Tax Seminars, on Wednesday, September 25, at Mill River Country Club in Stratford. (Presentation has been accepted for 2 CFP CEUs; 2 CT Insurance CEUs are pending.)
This two-hour presentation will address the impact of the 2018 Tax Act and the 2019 Tax Reform Act and is designed for the one owner or husband/wife-owned business, such as 1099, statutory employees, S Corps, LLCs and proprietors; not intended for common law or W-2 employees). Tax strategies to be discussed include:
• The impact of the 2018 Tax Act on the tax status of the self-employed business owner.
• The tax law changes that you need to know for 2019 to maximize tax deductions for motor vehicles.
• Current tax rates, state and federal: how to calculate the take-home value of any business deduction.
• The new simplified version of the once-controversial home-office deduction.
• Two strategies that address the 2019 Tax Act's new limitations on property tax and mortgage interest deductions (and the research basis for these strategies)
• The entertainment deduction: what remains and what's gone forever
• The impact of the new Section 199A deduction for self-employed business advisors.
Learning Objective: At the end of this session, attendees will understand the impact of the 2018 Tax Act, as well as the 2019 tax reform act, and the various strategies that can be utilized to minimize taxes and maximize business deductions in 2019 and beyond, for themselves and for their clients.
Level of Complexity: Intermediate
Please click on "more event details" for speaker bio and registration info.